It is time for you to step up and fight for your rights!
AMMO TAX PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Public Hearing on H.B. 5040 AN ACT ESTABLISHING AN EXCISE TAX ON AMMUNITION is scheduled for Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:00PM in room 2E at the Legislative Office Building at 300 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
Connecticut lawmakers want to impose a 35% ammunition tax on gun owners and use the revenue to support anti-gun organizations while exempting law enforcement and municipalities from this tax.
Members are needed for are First LOBBY DAY this session and to submit testimony!
Step by step guide to protect your rights! Take action NOW
STEP 1 - Prepare your written testimony preferably in Word or PDF - Click here for sample testimony
STEP 3 - cc: your testimony to your state Senator and Representative
STEP 4 - Attend Lobby Day on Thursday, February 27, 2020
If not you, then who? If not now, then when?
The 2020 Connecticut Legislative Session convenes on February 5th and CCDL is sponsoring a series of free Legislative Workshops to prepare gun owners to protect their rights. The workshops topics will cover:
- Learning about the legislative process and pending gun bills
- Tips for communicating with legislators
- How to prepare written testimony
- How to submit testimony
- How to testify effectively at a public hearing
- How to track gun bills
- How to become proactive and vigilant
- If you’re interested in protecting your rights in Connecticut attend a CCDL legislative workshop!