CCDL holds its monthly general membership meeting at 7pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge in Middletown, CT. Our next meeting is Tuesday, June 9, 2015.
All CCDL members are welcome and encouraged to attend. We have a request from the property owners to please do not park on the grass when attending the meeting.
- The decision in the Federal Court Appeal that CCDL and other litigants are suing over (Shew v Malloy) should be here soon. We are days away from the typical time frame that an appellate court takes to reach a decision. We have a very special meeting for Tuesday, which will include a visit from Chris Conte. Chris is litigation counsel for NRA-ILA and has done a lot to help coordinate legal legwork associated with this case. Chris will talk about the lawsuit’s future and other aspects of Connecticut gun rights.
Connecticut Local Counsel Martha Dean will be in attendance and so will Tom King, the President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association. NY is fighting the SAFE Act law which is similar to the law that we are fighting here in CT (PA 13-3/13-220).
- A full post-legislative breakdown will be presented by CCDL Legislative Coordinator Ray Bevis. Ray will be providing statistics about membership involvement and effectiveness at the meeting. He has worked very hard this session along with Chris Lemos to bring Legislative information to our members in real-time.
- Jonathan Hardy will talk about recent events with the BFPE and permit issues.
- We will be talking about the upcoming CCDL Family Picnic as well as the Poker Run.
The CCDL Family Picnic date has been set for 9/19/2015 at Boothe Memorial Park in Stratford. A flyer for the event should be available soon.
The CCDL Poker Run is set for 9/26/2015. All proceeds go to support the lawsuit against the unconstitutional gun law (PA 13-3/13-220) that passed in 2013.
Mark your calendars!
- Christian Ragosta. the NRA Grass Roots will be in the house to answer questions.
We sell CCDL merchandise at the meeting, buy it there and save on shipping.
We also sell limited edition items that are not available in our online store. Right now we have patches, pins, and magnets (perfect to put on your car, gun safe, or refrigerator). We also sell the car decals in assorted colors besides white.
CCDL collects canned goods/non-perishables at all our meetings to be donated to local charities. The holiday season may be over, but people still need to eat. Please bring non perishables to the meeting. If everyone that attends brought at least one canned good we would be helping to feed MANY!
44 Maynard St
Middletown, CT 06457
June 9, 2015 7:00pm-9:00pm
Please park in the event lot to the left of the building (looking at it from Maynard St) and enter the upstairs banquet hall at the front of the building. please do not park on the grass!!