Crucial Election Information
The November 6th election is an important one for gun owners, especially here in Connecticut. It is imperative that CCDL members and supporters vote for pro2A candidates in this election.
The anti-gun groups in our state have endorsed Ned Lamont for Governor. If he wins, we will have four more years of non-stop gun control. If you disliked Governor Malloy, you’re going to hate Governor Lamont.
This is some of what to expect from a Lamont administration:
- Harsher requirements and penalties surrounding “safe storage” requirements
- Elimination of “Open Carry”, which means you could be arrested just for printing or having your shirt ride up while carrying concealed
- Continued support for existing unconstitutional gun laws
- Continued under-funding or even outright elimination of the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners
- Continued looking the other way while numerous municipalities violate state statutes regarding new permits
- Continued support of any and all anti-gun proposals that make it out of legislative committee
- Bypassing legislators and implementing executive orders that will negatively impact legal gun owners
CCDL endorsed candidates such as Bob Stefanowski for governor will respect the Constitution, and the rights of lawful gun owners.
But first they must win on November 6th.
If you are not yet registered to vote, there is still time, but you MUST hurry. The deadline for voter registration is TODAY, October 30th.
Voter registration is simple, and can be done online. Just go to the following link and follow the directions https://voterregistration.ct.gov
If you are not sure if you are registered or not, you may check here:
You may also register in person with the registrar of voters in your town or city. Offices are usually located in your town hall, and will be open from 9am until 8pm TODAY, October 30th to accommodate last minute registrations.
• Please be sure to register to vote
• Please vote on election day
• Please be sure to remind like-minded people to vote
• Please help our endorsed candidates between now, and election day
This may be our last chance to save our gun rights in Connecticut