- Hits: 536
CCDL holds its monthly general membership meeting at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge in Middletown, CT. Our next meeting is Tuesday, April 12th, 2016. All CCDL members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Come Join Us!
- Discussion and course of action on currently proposed legislation
- Discussion on litigation against the State (Shew v Malloy)
- Discussion on 2016 elections and how we can make a difference
- Guest speaker: State Rep Dan Carter (candidate U.S. Senate)
- Guest speaker: Linda Synkowicz (candidate 33rd House District)
- Guest speaker: Matt Maxwell (candidate 5th District U.S. Congress)
- Guest speaker: Andy Falvey (candidate 103rd House District)
- Poker Run discussion (volunteers needed)
Merchandise Avoid the wait and shipping fees! The full selection of CCDL merchandise is always for sale at our meetings, including many items not sold on our website.
- Hits: 506
CCDL holds its monthly general membership meeting at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Elks Lodge in Middletown, CT. Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 9th, 2016. All CCDL members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Come Join Us!
- Legislative Coordinator Ray Bevis will lay breakdown the landscape of proposed 2A related legislative proposals, or likely proposals.
- Discussion on Shew v Malloy (Assault Weapon Challenge) Major Update including filing date and legal tactics
- Discussion on 2016 state elections
- Guest Speaker: Clay Cope (candidate US Congress 5th District)
- Voter Registration Table
- CCDL Anniversary Dinner Tickets available on site
- Events planning update
Avoid the wait and shipping fees! The full selection of CCDL merchandise is always for sale at our meetings, including many items not sold on our website.
- Hits: 576
Hosted by: Pachaug Outdoor Club
Presented by: Connecticut Citizens Defense League
Date: February 13, 2016
Location: Pachaug Outdoor Club, 178 Banjo Sullivan Rd, Jewett City, CT 06351
The purpose of this workshop is to help educate gun owners about legislative activism.
The 2016 legislative session convenes Feb 3rd and adjourns May 4th.
Gun owners have shown that they can make a tremendous difference by engaging their elected officials.
CCDL invites all to attend that are interested in playing a vital role in preserving our 2nd amendment rights in Connecticut.
This workshop will cover:
• How to prepare written testimony for public hearings
• How and where to submit testimony for public hearings
• How to testify effectively
• How to coordinate public testimony with others
•Tips on tracking legislation and communicating with legislators
- Hits: 499
The 2016 Connecticut Legislative Session runs February 3rd - May 4th.
While this is a 'Short Session' with traditionally fewer bills that pertain to the 2nd Amendment, some bills usually find their way to committee. Like always, CCDL will be tracking and informing our members on any gun related bills that surface during this session. While we do send out monthly updates and other alerts, the best way to get expedient legislative updates is to subscribe to our Blog.
You can also track and monitor all legislation here: Connecticut General Assembly
- Hits: 410
Current weather reports show little to no snow accumulation for most of the state, so tonight's regular monthly meeting in Middletown will go on.
If you are uncomfortable about driving tonight, don't worry. We'll see you next month!